Groundhog Control - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Barb Tilton
Landenberg, PA
Question by tilton44
We live on 2acres with trees in the back third. I know there are groundhogs by the trees. This morning I found a 6" wide tunnel opening at the base of a rhododendron planted next to our deck. Would a groundhog come so close to the house? And if so, what can I do about it? We don't have a dog and don't want one (no offense).

0

Groundhogs will come very close to people, and decks are a favorite groundhog haunt. This animal has a particularly nasty bite so you are wise to be concerned. You can live trap it fairly easily using fresh fruit or produce as bait. (Lettuce works well.) Be sure to first verify any local restrictions on trapping and releasing these animals and be very careful when you release it! You might want to call in a professional.