Cedar trees - Knowledgebase Question

Pt. Charlotte, Fl
Question by drcam
I bought 2 cedar trees last fall and kept them in the pots over the winter. They eventually died (can they get frost damage?) but there is still some green foilage at the bottom of the plant. Is there a chance of it reviving? Should I cut the top (dead part) off? I live in SW FL.

0

If cedars are stressed or very young, frost can kill the tops. It sounds as though the roots are still alive, though, so you have nothing to lose by clipping off the obviously dead tops and allowing the green foliage to remain. As long as the roots have adequate growing room, you can keep them in the pots until you see for sure that they are growing well. Then you can plant them in the ground if they look like they're going to make it. Hope so!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"