new lawn - Knowledgebase Question

palatka, Fl
Question by whit3696
I emailed you yesterday and thank you for the information about centipede grass. I would like to know now about St. Aug. grasses and the Palatka, Fl. area. We live in sandy, dry soil. We have a few oak trees which shade and area that is not shaded. We need info on what best St. Aug. for this area. Thank you.

0

Glad we were helpful yesterday. Sounds as though you're trying to find just the right turfgrass for your landscape. Here's a publication from Florida State University that should address all your questions about St. Augustine, from establishing a lawn to choosing the right cultivar: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/LH010. Past the address into your browser and you'll find lots of helpful information. Best wishes with your landscape!