Lawn Care - Knowledgebase Question

Camas, Wa
Question by tlgreene
What is the correct order to care for my lawn? This weekend I am going to de-thatch my lawn. I do have bare spots that need to be seeded. What order would I do the following after de-thatching: Lime, over seeding bare spots, and fertilizing?

0

Dethatch your lawn then overseed it. The new grass should germinate within 2 weeks. After you have mowed the lawn twice, fertilize. Lime should be applied in the fall. It takes a while to help mellow the soil and it can work its magic during the winter months so your lawn will be ready to grow in the spring. You can feed in June, September and early November and apply the lime in October. Best wishes with your lawn!