Plant/tree for privacy - Knowledgebase Question

Denver, Co
Question by janetldurkin
I have a large floor to ceiling window in front and I need some privacy: can see right in. Looking for a tall thin perennial plant but not too dense. Don't want it to cover the window; just impede the open view of living room. It would be very close to house so I have to be careful about the roots damaging the house foundation.

0

Instead of a tree or a shrub, how about an evergreen vine such as Sweet Autumn Clematis? You can train it up on wires strung from the roof and prune it back so you can still see in and out but it will provide a little privacy. Or you can plant some dwarf conifers. They won't get very tall but their root systems will remain small enough that they won't threaten the foundation of your house.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"