brown spots - Knowledgebase Question

HAUGHTON, Lo
Question by TLJDWINE
RECENTLY TRANSPLANTED 2 DRACOENA PLANTS AND NOW THEY HAVE STARTED TO GET BROWN SPOTS ON EDGES AND CENTER OF LEAVES. WHATS WRONG AND HOW DO I FIX? THANK YOU

0

Brown spots can occur if the leaves were damaged, which can happen when they are transported and transplanted. Other causes are sunscald, over watering and insect damage. Since you've only recently transplanted your plants they are probably just going through a little stress. I'd give them 3-4 weeks to settle in and then reassess the situation. By then new growth will have developed. If you see the same problems in the new growth, you may have to monitor your watering practices. Best wishes with your plants.