Grandiflora Petunias - Knowledgebase Question

victorville, Ca
Question by amiracle
Greetings!
How do I maintain Grandiflora Petunias? This flower starts to wither on me quite fast. Do I pull the dry or dead bloom off? I water them every day to every other day.

2nd flower in question, Ice Plant (Lampranthus Spectabilis) This is beautiful shrub when the sun is out. Do I water every day, do I also remove the dead leaves from this flower as well as my roses? Thanxs in advance!

0

Petunia flowers only last a day or two, but the good thing is that they bloom a lot. Pinch off the faded flowers along with some of the stem and your plants will branch out where they've been pinched or cut back and each new stem will flower. The key is to take some of the stem along with the flower so your plants remain bushy and full of flowers. You don't need to dead head your ice plant. The spent flowers will fall off all by themselves. You shouldn't need to water every day. Try twice a week and see how your plant reacts. Enjoy your garden!