How do I get rid of these bugs!!!!!! - Knowledgebase Question

Baltimore, Ma
Question by hartnett2
I have these bugs i call potatoe bugs. they are small and grey and roll up in a ball when you touch them. How do i get rid of them. They are everywhere in my garden.

0

Pillbugs, or sowbugs, are one of those beneficial soil dwelling critters that consumes decaying organic debris. They help break down dead plant matter, so killing them isn't recommended. Sometimes their populations, especially in cool, damp soils, gets overwhelming and they begin to attack living plant material. You can trap them by placing damp folded newspapers on the soil in the evening. The bugs will crawl between the folds to hide. In the morning pick up the newspapers and put them in the compost pile, where the bugs will help break down plant debris. After a few days of transporting the bugs out of your garden, you won't have such a problem with them, and they'll be in the compost where they can do the most good.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"