Jade Plant Care - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Garden Friend
Chicago, IL
Question by kenlade
I just received an older jade plant and was wondering the best way to take care of it? It's rather big. Should I prune it?

0

Jade plants can grow to enormous size, but take well to pruning, so if yours is too large you can pinch back the stems to make it smaller. When you prune you can root the cuttings for additional Jade plants. Jade is a succulent and likes average household temperatures during the spring and summer months and cool winter temperatures (50F to 55F degrees). A bright windowsill is the perfect spot, with some direct sunlight. Allow the soil to dry out between waterings and water only once or twice during the winter. Too much water will cause root and stem rot. Jade likes fresh air, but not cold drafts.