Lawn Problem - Knowledgebase Question

Ridgewood, Ne
Question by jol8
Lawn looks like it is burned and I think I know why. About two weeks ago I put turf buildup fertilizer. I put almost entire bag on a small area of lawn (about 25

0

If you applied too much fertilizer the salts will burn the grass and the residue will remain in the soil until it is leached out either by rainfall or water from the hose. You can repeatedly flood the area to dissolve the fertilizer salts and wash them out of the turf. If you do this now you may be able to save what's left of your turf. If you just allow the fertilizer to dissapate on its own, it could render the soil sterile and you'll need to till the area up and reseed. I'd vote for flooding the turf numerous times to try to flush out the excess fertilizer. Best wishes with your project!