yellow flowering weed - Knowledgebase Question

frederick, Ma
Question by carlahwv
i sprayed my lawn with weed b gone to get rid of several weeds. however it didnt seem to work on a tall yellow flowerins weed. the weed has one stem up with a cluster of yellow flowers at the top. i have seen the weed a few inches high or over a foot high. what is the name of this weed and how can i get rid of it? i live in Frederick, Maryland.

0

I wish I could identify the weed for you but without seeing it, I'd just be guessing. As you've discovered, not all weeds are affected by all weed killers. The weed in your lawn is obviously one of those tough, persistent weeds. I can only suggest that you dig up one of the weeds and take it to your cooperative extension office or well staffed nursery to have it identified and then ask for suggestions about control. Or, you can simply dig the weeds out, roots and all. This should be done before the flowers set seeds and spread them all over your yard. Good luck with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"