Spots on Leaves of Roses - Knowledgebase Question

Louisville, KY
Question by fstop
I've noticed a few bright yellow spots on the leaves of a 'baby' rose bush I planted a few weeks ago. There has been little rain here, so I've been watering the bush almost every day. I did pinch off the affected leaves. (Ouch) Is there a less painful way that does not include 'chemicals?' Or is it not a problem?

0

diseased stock so keep that under consideration - you did mention they are new plantings. Finally, it may be as simple as overwatering. You mention you are watering every day, this may be too much. Always check the soil before you water and water only if it feels dry. A thorough watering once or twice a week is better than daily light watering. diseased stock so keep that under consideration - you did mention they are new plantings. Finally, it may be as simple as overwatering. You mention you are watering every day, this may be too much. Always check the soil before you water and water only if it feels dry. A thorough watering once or twice a week is better than daily light watering.