diseased tropical house plant - Knowledgebase Question

Philadelphia, Pe
Question by friendshipem
I have a tropical house plant which i place outdoors when it gets warm enough. Since February (thats when i noticed it)it has had brown spots. I pruned it because leaves where turning brown and it seemed to be ok. Now it is outside because its warm enough and it looks the same way...Can i save it?

0

Brown spots on leaves can indicate fungal or disease problems or might be from insect feeding. Inspect the affected leaves, both upper or lower sides to see if you can find insect pests or their eggs, or fuzzy mycelium or dots (use a magnifying glass to double check) Or, take a couple of the affected leaves to your local cooperative extension office or well staffed nursery for help in identifying the problem - it's really difficult for me to diagnose the problem without actually seeing it! Best wishes with your plant.