Moss - Knowledgebase Question

North Attleboro, Ma
Question by ryuuazul
I have a lot of large rocks in my lawn, and a lot of moss that grows around them. What can I put on my lawn to get rid of it, and let the grass grown instead?

0

Moss is usually a symptom of several problems, including poor drainage, too much shade, low fertility, compacted soil, and acid soil. If you can correct these problems, and put your lawn on a regular feeding schedule, you'll have fewer moss problems. Start fertilizing in April with a 3-1-2 ratio of NPK (the 3 numbers on the bag of fertilizer). Apply one pound of actual nitrogen per 1,000 square feet of lawn per year. Feed again in June, September and late November or early December. Instead of using chemical moss killers, just rake and reseed any mossy areas in your lawn. If your grass is healthy, it will crowd out the moss in the future. Best wishes with your lawn!