PRIVACY - Knowledgebase Question

WAUWATOSA, Wi
Question by LWESTMILWAUK
I HAVE 30 LINIER FEET IN BACK OF MY YARD THAT SEPERATES MY YARD FROM MY NEIGHBOR'S. I WOULD LIKE TO PLANT SOME HEDGES THAT WOULD GROW 8 FEET TALL FOR PRIVACY.

0

Emerald Green Arborvitae are relatively fast growers among the evergreens, you might see a foot and a half a year or slightly more. You can prune them back if they threaten to get too tall. They need soil that is evenly moist meaning damp like a wrung out sponge. As new plants, they will need watering to supplement rain for the first year. To know if you need to water, dig into the soil with your finger. If it is still damp do not water yet. When you do water, apply it slowly and thoroughly so it soaks down deep. Maintain a layer of organic mulch over the root area. It should be two to three inches thick and spread out in a flat layer, do not allow it to touch the trunk or bark. The mulch will help keep the soil evenly moist.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"