Basement window wells . . . - Knowledgebase Question

Denver, Co
Question by deborahgosli
Is there anything pretty I can plant in my window wells that still allows as much light as possible to come into the basement, but that covers us those ugly grey/silver liners? or is there something I can do to make them prettier looking out from the basement? I know there are liners, but those seem a bit expensive. Any ideas are appreciated. THANKS!

0

You might be able to grow a creeping plant such as creeping phlox or creeping thyme that will cascade down over the wells and bring some color to the area. Creeping plants are usually low growing, ground hugging (or in this case window well hugging). The plants are perennials but you could plant annuals instead and change them out as the seasons change. Hope this works for you!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"