ant problem? - Knowledgebase Question

ROSCOE, Il
Question by CAM02GOD
I RECENTLY TURNED OVER SOME SOIL AND WAS AMAZED AT THOUSANDS OF TINY ANTS. THERE APPEARED TO BE TUNNELS WHEN I CONTINUED TO DIG AND MOVE THE SOIL AROUND. ALSO THERE WERE SEVERAL WHITE EGGS OR LARVE? HOW DO WE GET RID OF THEM? THANK YOU

0

Ants in the garden are doing their job and while they may be unsightly, they are part of nature?s design. They?re actually like little vacuum cleaners, sucking up bits of fungus and garden debris that would otherwise act as food sources for other insects. If they are not invading your home or being destructive to your plants or vegetables, I'd just leave them alone. Or you can discourage them with diatomaceous earth sprinkled on the soil. Boiling water is also effective but be careful not to splash it on yourself or your plants.