What type of weeds do I have? - Knowledgebase Question

Cocoa, Fl
Question by amathews211
I have a type of weed in my yard that is spreading like crazy that I cannot seem to identify. I've always known it to be called begalice or hitchhikers but cannot find any information on how to get rid of them. They have a woody stem, purple flowers, and a velcro-like sticky seed that sticks to everything! Please help to identify so that I can try to get rid of them!

0

I'm afraid I'm stumped. I can't identify a weed without seeing it. Your description sounds like Joe Pye Weed or Purple Loosestrife or even houndstongue. Why not pull a few and take them to your local cooperative extension for positive identification? Helpful folks there can offer control strategies. Brevard County Extension, 3695 Lake Drive, Cocoa, FL 32926, Phone: (321) 633-1702.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"