sprinkler and sod installation - Knowledgebase Question

Hemet, Ca
Question by johnmelton1
I'm getting ready to install sprinklers and sod. Should I roto-till ahen cover with amended top soil prior to sprinklers or what order should I proceed. I've been a Home Depot fan for about 15 years and have been very satisfied.
Thanks, John

0

The best chain of events is to prepare the planting area and then install your sprinkler system and then seed or sod. Rototill first, top with 4-5 inches of compost or other amendments, till them in to a depth of 8-10 inches, then level the area. Once the soil is amended and the ground leveled, install your sprinkler system. Rake the soil to cover the pvc pipes and then seed or sod your lawn. Glad to have a fan onboard!