about a orange tree - Knowledgebase Question

Riverside, Ca
Question by joycegilbert
Got an orange tree for my birthday..it was doing great until about 2 months ago..(it was in a med size container) we planted it and it seemed happy,(its been planted about a year) had lots of lovely orange blossoms, recently it seems something has attacked it and is striping its foilage,it looks weak and is asking for help but I don't know what to do for it do you have any suggestions

0

Stripped foliage usually indicates feeding by deer. Not many other critters will remove entire leaves from a citrus tree. I think I would prune it back a bit to encourage healthy new growth and then feed and water it regularly. There are specialized fertilizers for citrus trees and they should be applied 3-4 times a year. Apply the citrus food in amounts as recommended on the label (which varies depending on the size of the tree) and be sure to water your tree deeply once or twice a week depending upon weather. Sure hope you figure out who has been munching on the foliage!