Burnt rose tips - Knowledgebase Question

sun city, Ca
Question by cards41
My rose peddles have burnt tips even before they bloom. This is also happening to cardenia shrubs. Is this due to lack of water? I thought I was watering enough but maybe not. Please help!

0

The browning leaf petals can be a sign of botrytis, a fungal infection. Hot weather will usually stop the disease. You may also want to prune off any infected blossoms to stop the spread of the disease. There are a multitude of fungicides available, too. Be sure to spray according to label directions. Gardenia flowers are also susceptible to fungal attacks. Again, prune off affected flowers and use a fungicide to prevent additional problems. Pruning will open your plants up to better air circulation which will also help. Good luck with your plants.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"