Tomatoes - Knowledgebase Question

Chandler, Ar
Question by Barbara17
My tomato plants look like they are drying out from the bottom up. I have a cover over them and I water every other day, they do have some tomatoes on them but not as many as they are supposed to. I feed them once a week. What is wrong! Thanks for the help.

0

Without seeing the plant in question I can't tell whether the problem is caused by insects or diseases, or even cultural control. Look closely on the undersides of the leaves. You may find insect colonies there who are feeding on the fluids in the leaves. If there are no insects, it might be a disease problem. Either way, I would remove the affected lower leaves to either get rid of the insects or to help stop the spread of disease. Watering every other day might be excessive, even for a plant in a container. Water thoroughly but then allow the top half inch of soil to dry out before watering again. Hope this helps!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"