Partial/full shade garden with color plan - Knowledgebase Question

Charlotte, No
Question by teamwhelan
My yard is very different than I am used to and I would really feel better if I could have a drawing or plan to follow for planting. I was hoping to find that here--am afraid of making $$$ mistakes. Any suggestions? Thanks so much, Patricia

0

I know what you mean about having some guidance when designing and selecting plants. I can only suggest you look at some library books and perhaps contact your local Master Gardener group or a botanical garden to see what they recommend. Master Gardeners (contact them through your local cooperative extension) often give classes on basic landscape design, perennial and shrub selections and even theme gardens. Check with them or your local library for a list of classes. If you attend you will have lots of people to glean ideas from. Also try sketching out your garden so you know how much room you have and jot down a few ideas that you may have about the overall look you're trying to achieve. I hope this helps!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"