Jacob's Ladder perennials - Knowledgebase Question

Woodridge, Il
Question by lgetsoian
I bought Jacob's Ladder plants at Home Depot. It stses that they are a summer-fall bloomer. However, when I look these up online, it states they bloom until mid-summer. Also, are they deer/rabbit resistant? Some websites don't agree.
Thank you,
Lorna

0

Jacob's Ladder likes cool weather and moist soil so it flowers best in the early spring and then again in the fall. How long they bloom really depends upon the weather. Bloom time can be extended by deadheading. How the perform in your garden will depend upon where they are planted and how hot your particular garden gets. For the most part, they are ignored by deer, but hungry deer will eat almost anything so there are no absolute guarantees. Let's hope your garden stays cool and your deer dine elsewhere so you can really enjoy your new Jacob's Ladder!