willow tree's - Knowledgebase Question

drummonds, Te
Question by klisa1963
We planted a 2 cherry blossom willow tree's about a month ago. They were both fine, looked very healthy for the first month. About a week ago i finally got around to putting mulch around them like the planting directions suggested. yesterday i noticed one has wilted leaves, and a few brown spots. Could it be caused by the mulch or am i doing something else wrong. I would hate to lose these tree's,

0

I think applying the mulch and then finding wilting leaves is just a coincidence. Wilting leaves and brown spots can indicate a fungal infection or can just be a sign of transplant stress. I'd watch the tree to see if more brown spots appear. If so, a fungicide should stop the disease. In the meantime, water your tree deeply once each week to help the roots establish themselves. Best wishes with your trees!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"