deer!!!! - Knowledgebase Question

KALISPELL, Mo
Question by ttyamy11
Deer!guess that says almost all of it. Have pets, 17 grandchildren, garden. Deer aren't eating it right now but will be soon. What do I plant to keep them from wanting to eat? And I need a deterant to keep them away, but not harmful to animals, children and doesnt look ugly? We have a fence around the yard, but doesnt seem to stop them. Please help, we lost almost everything last year.

0

I, too, love wildlife, but I'm not too happy when they feed on my plants. The short answer to keeping deer away from a garden is a fence or a loud dog. Those are the most reliable methods. You can try many different home remedy repellents such has cayenne pepper, garlic sprays, moth balls, human hair and Dial soap, or commercial repellents such as Hinder, Ropel, Deer-Away, or animal urines and motion detector/water shooting devices, but they only work temporarily. If you have a particular area that they like, consider a fence to discourage the deer from eating all your hard earned produce. Wish I had more suggestions for you. Good luck with your landscape.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"