evergreen vines - Knowledgebase Question

albuquerque, Ne
Question by rob20mgt21
I live in Abq. NM, zone 7. I'm looking for a light weight evergreen vine to serve as natural patio cover. My yard faces East, and is sunny until mid-afternoon. It is important that this vine is EVERGREEN, non-invasive and will grow at a fast rate. The vine will serve as a privacy barrier from the two story house next door. My research choices are: Lady Bank Rose, Carolina Jessamine, Clematis ???

0

Those are good choices. You might also consider Hardenbergia violacea (lilac vine), bougainvillea, or Kadsura japonica 'Fukurin' Variegated Magnolia Vine). This evergreen produces white blooms in the spring and the glossy leaves are edged in various degrees of cream and yellow. The small white flowers resemble magnolia blossoms.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"