yellowing hybrid tea rose bush - Knowledgebase Question

New Rochelle, Ne
Question by adrianam212
Hello!

I recently planted a hybrid tea rose and fertilized it when I put it in. It gets plenty of sun. My problem is that the leaves - especially at the bottom/center are turning yellow and falling off. Too much water? Not enough? Problem with the fertilezer or just plain normal?!

Please help. Thanks so much!

Adriana

0

It's normal for some of the older leaves (those towards the bottom and the center of the plant) to turn yellow and fall off. New leaves will develop. As long as your rose is putting out healthy new growth, the plant is fine. Sometimes roses suffer a little transplant shock which can hurry the aging process for the older leaves. The plant is busy trying to establish its root system plus develop new top growth and flowers so it simply abandons the older leaves in favor of new growth. I think your rose will be just fine in a few weeks. Enjoy!