Information on 'Blue Daze' Evolvulus - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Stanley Joselson
Boca Raton, FL
Question by anistan58
I purchased 50 'Blue Daze' Evolvulus plants to use as a ground cover, but the nursery had practically no knowledge pertaining to its care, such as ground spread, height, pruning, feeding, "enemies", watering, etc.

0

Blue Daze loves full sun (some shade is also o.k.) and a well drained soil. I have never seen it attacked by insects or diseases, but have seen poor drainage take its toll. The plant will spread to 4 feet in good soil and usually reaches about a foot high. I would space plants about 2 feet apart however for the best looking display.

Like any fast growing, blooming plant, regular feeding is important for optimum results. Start with a rich garden soil, which includes a few inches of compost mixed in. Feed plants every few days for a month after planting with a balanced liquid fertilizer and then back off to once every 4 weeks. Pruning is not necessary unless aesthetics demand it.

Keep the plants moist with a good watering every 3 to 7 days once they are established. New transplants need more frequent watering.