Information on 'Blue Daze' Evolvulus - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Stanley Joselson
Boca Raton, FL
Avatar for anistan58
Question by anistan58
I purchased 50 'Blue Daze' Evolvulus plants to use as a ground cover, but the nursery had practically no knowledge pertaining to its care, such as ground spread, height, pruning, feeding, "enemies", watering, etc.

Blue Daze loves full sun (some shade is also o.k.) and a well drained soil. I have never seen it attacked by insects or diseases, but have seen poor drainage take its toll. The plant will spread to 4 feet in good soil and usually reaches about a foot high. I would space plants about 2 feet apart however for the best looking display.

Like any fast growing, blooming plant, regular feeding is important for optimum results. Start with a rich garden soil, which includes a few inches of compost mixed in. Feed plants every few days for a month after planting with a balanced liquid fertilizer and then back off to once every 4 weeks. Pruning is not necessary unless aesthetics demand it.

Keep the plants moist with a good watering every 3 to 7 days once they are established. New transplants need more frequent watering.

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by RachaelHunter and is called "Ethel"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.