how to provide shadefor my garden? - Knowledgebase Question

Tucson, Ar
Question by aftonblue29
I need to provide shade for my garden because as you know the Az sun easily wielts my plants. What kind of cover do I need and how can I set it up in attractive way?

0

You'll find all kinds of shade cloth in your local Home Depot. Just erect a frame and set it at an angle so the hot afternoon sun is blocked from the garden. Or if you're handy with a hammer and nails you can build a pergola over the garden with slats on the top that will provide filtered shade to your garden. I use a trellis on the west side of my garden which is covered with Carolina Jessamine. It provides afternoon shade to my veggies and looks beautiful all summer long.