Is grubs bad for you vegetable garden? - Knowledgebase Question

South Beloit, Il
Question by skidoo555
I was wondering if grubs is bad for your garden? What kind of harm do they cause? If they are bad, how can I take care of it in a organic way. I woul like to make my garden organic if I can. But I do want it to be healthy also. Thanks, Cheryl

0

White grubs ? the larval stage of beetles ? eat roots. In the vegetable and flower garden, they are not usually a major pest because flower roots are too far apart and annual flower beds are repeatedly dug up.

If you decide to treat, you can use Milky Spore an organic, naturally occurring host-specific bacterium (Bacillus popillae-Dutky). This product is lethal to and specifically targets white grubs. Best wishes with your garden!