How far apart do I plant each bulb? - Knowledgebase Question

victorville, Ca
Question by amiracle
Greetings! Well my bare root bulbs have arrived. I am not sure how far apart to plant them. Do I put more then one bulb in one hole?
10 Mixed Hybrid Lilies (summer)
15 Dutch Iris (spring)
15 Mexican Shellflowers (summer)
40 Mixed Gladiolus (summer to fall)
15 Ranunculus (summer)
2 Elephant Ear Caladium (summer to fall)
Also should I plant the iris? I see it says spring. Thanks!!!

0

Everything should be planted now, including the Dutch Iris. While they normally bloom in spring, they should be planted now so they can grow foliage. Next spring they will bloom for you. Plant each bulb in a single hole so the roots won't have to compete for moisture and nutrients. Plant the lilies 12-18 inches apart, the Dutch Iris at least 4 inches apart, the Shellflowers 4-6 inches apart, the glads about 6" apart, the ranunculus 4-6" apart and the caladium at least 12 inches apart because they grow really large. Everything should go into the ground as soon as possible. Enjoy your beautiful garden!