grass removal - Knowledgebase Question

Grove City, Oh
Question by peacewar
I have a grass growing in a mulch area that also has other plants growing. I want the grass gone but not kill the other plants there too so I don't want to use total veg. kill. Any suggestions other thatn constantly pulling it out?

0

If grass is growing through the mulch, your mulch might not be thick enough. You can pull the grass out, rake the mulch away and apply a pre-emergent product such as Preen to keep weed seeds from sprouting, and then replace the mulch. Or you can use a selective grassy weed control product and spot spray the grassy weeds. I'd vote for also using a pre emergence product after you've removed the grassy weeds. Best wishes with your flower beds!