creeping charlie - Knowledgebase Question

hebron, Ke
Question by brush1285
I have a fairly small yard and creepin,charlie is trying to take over. I have used three gals of Weedbegon its not helping. Do you have suggestion to kill it?

0

If charlie is well established in your lawn, use this home remedy to control it: mix 10 ounces of 20-Mule Team Borax (available at your grocery store in the laundry soap section) in 2-1/2 gallons of water and applying the mixture to the lawn. The boron doesn't affect the grass, but overwhelms the roots of charlie. Cool weather reduces its effectiveness, so apply in May or June when the weather starts to warm. The University of Minnesota and Iowa State University have tested this recipe and report good results. And hopefully, you'll have good results, too.