My tomato's need some help before they die! - Knowledgebase Question

Indian Trail, No
Question by websecretar
I have three types of tomato's in my garden and they were doing really well and now they have white splotchy sections on the leaves, what is happening. They are not as green as they 1st started and the splotches look as if they are spreading. Any suggestions on any rememdies and on what may be causing these white splotches on the leaves?

0

Your tomato disease could be powdery mildew (rare on tomatoes) or a simple case of gray mold. In either case, the problem can be minimized by making sure the plants get plenty of air circulation and avoid getting water on the foliage or stems. You can use a sulfur based fungicide but if the temperature is over 95F the leaves can burn. Lilly Miller Sulfur or Ortho Flotox 90% are registered for use on tomatoes. Be sure to follow label directions.