Pest control - Knowledgebase Question

Townsend, Ma
Question by donnaraeb1
I have these tiney red spider insects on the cement around my pool and patio area. What are they and how do I rid them. I sprayed the whole lawn with diazinon and also other insecticides. They are still there.

0

Spider mite infestations are most likely to begin in very hot and dry weather (they seem to dislike moist conditions so you can discourage them with a daily (morning) misting with the garden hose). Insecticidal soap works well too. Broad spectrum insecticides do not affect spider mites which is why diazinon did not work. Most chemical pesticides also kill off their natural predators so don't use them if you want to control a spidermite infestation. Use insecticidal soap sprays and hose down the cement every morning to discourage the pests.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"