Red Bermuda grass - Knowledgebase Question

Dawsonville, Ge
Question by mattssi8
I had some really green and lush Bermuda grass in the spring and was growing fast and thick. Now it is not growing good and some of it has turned red. What would cause this? to much fert,to much weedkiller?? I still have area's that are green and thick.

0

It's difficult to say why your bermuda is turning red in places. It indicates a stress: some kinds of grass will do this if burned by chemical application, or salt intrusion, or soil pH that's out of whack. You may want to dig a sample of the affected turf, roots and all, and take it to your local cooperative extension office for diagnosis and control strategies. Contact UGA cooperative extension, 298 Academy Avenue, Dawson Co Ag Center, Suite 100, Dawsonville, GA 30534. Hope it's nothing serious!