Ladybugs - Knowledgebase Question

Lincoln, MA
Question by jpklincoln
I'm interested in finding out whether ladybugs could be used in controlling garden pests such as aphids etc. I would like to use them around the garden, flowers and especially roses.Also, how do I go about getting the kind that are used in Organic gardening?

0

Lady bugs are wonderful to have in the garden because they have voracious appetites and love feeding on aphids. If you have lots of different kinds of flowers in bloom all spring, summer, and fall, you'll attract lady bugs, and they'll stay as long as there are nectar and insects to feed upon. You can purchase lady bugs from Gardener's Supply, 128 Intervale Rd., Burlington, VT 05401 (phone (800) 863-1700), or Gardens Alive, 5100 Schenley Pl., Lawrenceburg, IN 47025 (phone (812) 537-8650).