Eaten leavev - Knowledgebase Question

balto, Ma
Question by rfshaw1
For some reason this yeay almost all my homegroun plants,the leaves are being eaten.This Baver comlete insect kille granola. I'm guessing it is some kind of catapiller.I have a lot ofbutterflies,bees&hummingbirds.I don't want anything that will effect them or earth worms.Any hints. Thanks Bob

0

If you think a caterpillar is feeding on your plant leaves and you have a lot of butterflies in your garden, I suspect the caterpillars are butterfly larvae. A product called Bt (bacillus thuringensis) kills caterpillars. However, if the caterpillars are butterfly larvae you'd be killing off the next generation of butterflies if you use it in your garden. I think I would protect the butterflies and their larvae and just put up with the leaf damage on the plants.