Bird of Paradise - Knowledgebase Question

Brea, Ca
Question by zentner1
On June 4th I received and answer for guidance on fertilizing my small Birds of Paradise watered with a drip system, ie: NPK, kind (liquid, granular), etc. The answer did not address liquid or granular.

Also, my plants may begin flowering next year, please recommend an NPK to enhance flower production. Thank you

0

Bird of Paradise plants require regular feeding. You can use a slow-release granular fertilizer such as a 12-4-8, applied every three months during the growing season in amounts as recommended on the label, or feed with a liquid fertilizer such as Miracle Gro every 6 weeks during the growing season. Be sure to remove all old flower stalks and dead leaves annually. This will prevent fungal disease that is caused by organisms that build up on the dead leaves and stalks.