Kill grass & weeds in flower garden - Knowledgebase Question

durham, No
Question by kristidavis
How do I kill grass that is growing up around my perrinials flower garden? I don't want to dig up the garden, I just want to spray something on it to nourish the flowers and kill the grass and weeds.

0

There are several herbicides made from natural ingredients. Those that contain clove oil (eugenol) give the best control of young broadleaf weeds. Products containing acetic acid, often in combination with citric acid, do a good job on young grasses. Some products contain both clove oil and acetic acid, so they are useful for a broad variety of weeds. Soap-based herbicides dehydrate leaves by cutting through their protective layer of cutin. All of these types of organic herbicides work best on young weeds because they pose only a temporary setback to well-rooted perennial weeds.