Tomatoes - Knowledgebase Question

Newport News, Vi
Question by VaMan54_9
I planted some tomatoes back in April in pot approx. the size of a bushel basket. They were planted in Miracle grow soil and I use the miracle grow Tomato food on them. They are about 5

0

Poor pollination occurs when plants grow in a location protected from the wind. Wind shakes the tomato bloom causing pollen to fall within the flower and pollenate itself. Greenhouse tomato growers shake plants or blooms daily to help them pollinate. If you feel this is not the cause, I would consider excess nitrogen. Heavy fertilizing early in the tomato growth period can result in luxurious vine growth at the expense of fruiting. You can try withholding fertilizer and see if that makes a difference. Hope you get tomatoes soon!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"