mushrooms - Knowledgebase Question

PHILADELPHIA, Pe
Question by MATO2
June 7, 2009
HELP, I have some ugly mushrooms invading my garden! Thanks for any help.


Image
Answer from NGA
June 7, 2009

0

The mushrooms are growing because there's a food source. Decomposing compost or bark mulch is prime real estate for mushrooms. The mushrooms are harmless to your plants and to your soil. They are quite common and nothing to be concerned about. It just means there's lots of organic matter over your soil or something beneath the soil that is decomposing. Could be old roots, construction debris, or something else that's rotting. You can rake them out of the garden and remove them. Best wishes with your garden.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

Username:

Password:

[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"