Weeds on rocks - Knowledgebase Question

Sarasota, Fl
Question by seanmurray01
There is rock throughout the back yard. I have neglected it, only weeding once every two months. It has rained in my area and the weeds are really getting out of hand. I'd like to purchase a weed killer product but I fear the rain will wash it away and it will be a waste. Would you let me know of a particular product I could use in rain? Can I spray without pulling? How do I go about weeding?

0

You will need a day or two of dry weather before you can spray a weed killer. If you use a vegetation killer such as Round Up, the effect is almost immediate (24 hours) so arrange your application so there will be at least 24 hours of dry weather. Once the weeds are dead you'll want to pull them out. An alternative is to flame the weeds with a propane torch - not enough to set them on fire but just enough to overheat them so the water within the tissues expands and explodes. This will kill the weeds.

Best wishes with your garden!