How to fertilize palms - Knowledgebase Question

port arthur, Te
Question by lees8
I have sego palms that are not growing and are yellowing. They get plenty of water and sun. What should i do/ Also what fertilizer can I put on queen palms to make them grow faster?

0

You may be overwatering your sago palm. Palms prefer an occasional deep soaking rather than frequent shallow waterings. You'll be doing them a favor by watering them deeply once each week and allowing the soil to dry out between waterings. Queen palms are not fast growing palms so you can't force growth but you can help yours remain healthy with a periodic application of a palm fertilizer. These specially formulated fertilizers contain all the trace elements palms need. Just look for Palm Fertilizer in your local garden center and apply in amounts and with the frequency and recommended on the package. Best wishes with your landscape!