red japanese maple - Knowledgebase Question

Amarillo, Te
Question by amonsin
I grew the red japanese maple tree back in April. I noticed that the leaves on the tree is turning brown and they look burnt. What can I do to make the leaves look red and purple?

0

There are some exceptions (such as Bloodgood), but most Japanese maples need a little shelter from hot afternoon sunshine. If your maple is a Bloodgood, it will adjust to its growing site and as it matures it will produce leaves that can tolerate summer afternoon sun. If yours is a different cultivar, it may need to be moved to a site where it gets shade from hot afternoon sun. Try to find out which maple you are growing so you can decide whether or not it needs to be moved to a more sheltered situation. Best wishes with your new tree.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"