grass plug - Knowledgebase Question

kansas city, Mi
Question by m_sk_786
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER ON GRASS PLUGS.I NEED TO KNOW WHETHER GRASS PLUGS ARE SOLD ANY WHERE SINCE I AM UNABLE TO USE EXISTING GRASS.CAN I INSTEAD USE PATCH REPAIR KIT AT THIS TIME IN KANSAS CITY?WHICH REPAIR KIT YOU WOULD RECOMMEND?I THINK I HAVE FESCUE MIX GRASS.PLEASE ALSO RECOMMEND WEED AND FEED WHICH SHOULD ALSO CONTROL CRAB GRASS IN ADDITION TO WEEDS.I READ IT SOMEWHERE ABOUT IT.THANKS

0

How about purchasing a 4' long roll of sod from your garden center and cutting it into squares or strips to use as plugs for your lawn? It should be inexpensive and you can cut it with a sharp knife. Check out the sod display at your local garden center and I'll bet you will find just the right type of grass to match your existing turf.

Crabgrass is an annual weed, best controlled in the late winter or early spring by applying a corn gluten meal pre emergence herbicide on your lawn. Once the weed is up and growing, it is difficult to control without also harming your turfgrass. Try pulling it out now and remembering to use a pre emergent product early next spring.

Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"