Weeds that won't go away! - Knowledgebase Question

Spokane, Wa
Question by TBOTZON
I have a weed that I have tried everything to get rid of. It makes an underground network of roots that so far is imposibble to control. I removed almost 1 foot of dirt out of my garden bed and sprayed roundup and then the weed killer you use on lawns. I put new dirt in but they have come back! Do you have any suggestions?

0

Some weeds are terribly persistent and even weed killers will only kill the parts of the plant they come in contact with. Perhaps there's a special technique with the weed you're dealing with. Why not dig one up and take it to your local cooperative extension office or Master Gardener clinic for positive identification? Helpful folks there can offer control strategies. Contact WSU Spokane County Extension, 222 N Havana, Spokane WA 99202-4799, 509-477-2048.

Best wishes with your landscape.