Mold on Peaches - Knowledgebase Question

Calhoun, GA
Avatar for pel9
Question by pel9
What can I do about my peaches that get covered with a light brown mold, shrivel up, and fall off the tree before they ripen?

It sounds like your peaches have brown rot, which is a fungal disease that overwinters in decayed fruit on the ground and is worse during wet summers. The disease is spread by insects that feed on the fruit, so controlling the insects with an organic insecticide can help. Also, it's a good idea to spray the trees regularly with an organic fungicide. Pick the fruit before it's completely ripe to keep the fungus from spreading further. Be sure to pick up and destroy any fallen fruit throughout the season. I hope you get a better harvest this year!

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by JebobaTea and is called "Phlox Pillow II"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.