Trees for Privacy - Knowledgebase Question

Bountiful, UT
Question by dstanner
Recently four pine trees near our backyard were chopped down because they were causing problems with the power lines. We are now left with no privacy. We would like to plant some trees that will grow fast and provide privacy and shade. Evergreen would be my first choice. I'm not sure what soil type we have but I think it tends to be on the clay side.

0

How about juniper? There are some columnar types--though you'll need to be careful that they don't grow too large and crowd the power lines again. There are two types of columnar junipers, Juniper chinensis and Juniper scopulorum; each group contains a number of cultivated varieties. Check a local nursery for details on the mature height before choosing.

I